You can create new contacts using the address book management interface.
This can be achieved by clicking the New Contact button
A form is displayed in which the fields should be filled out. Complete the fields and required options, if necessary by referring to the description below. Confirm the creation of the contact by clicking “Ok”. Description of fields and options for a contact:
The mandatory fields marked with an asterisk must be completed as a minimum requirement, these are: last name, first name, email address
Select the Login/Password checkbox if this contact should be allowed to connect to the platform.
A user ID and password then needs to be specified for this contact.
Selecting the Send an email to the contact about his account creation checkbox provides the option of sending a contact their user ID and password via email.
This section lets you add the user into existing groups in your platform. By checking the groups in which you wish to add the user:
Depending on the rights given to the contact, they will have either greater or more restricted access to the platform:
- Share enables users to share items by email with third-party users
- Delete provides contacts with the option of deleting files or subfolders
- Modify provides the option of renaming and moving items on the platform
- Add makes it possible to add files to the platform
- Download provides the option of retrieving data from the platform
Determines the contact language for e-mail notifications.
Contacts may receive a notification when the account manager or other contacts add files to their folders.
This feature can be disabled by deselecting Do not send notifications to this contact in this section.
If you are creating a temporary contact, you can suspend his/her account at a specific date of your choice:
Editing a contact
It is possible to change the details or settings for a contact at any time. To do this:
- Select the contact record to be edited
- Click the Edit button
- The contact record containing contact details and settings can now be accessed.
This consists of 3 tabs, detailed below:
The following items can be edited in the contact details section:
- The contact’s status: you can withdraw platform access from a contact by selecting Closed
- The contact’s personal details
- The contact’s user ID and/or password
- The contact’s rights
This tab groups together the language and alert options specified for the contact.
The default language to be used when sending emails can also be redefined here. The decision on whether the contact should receive notifications can also be specified here.
This tab groups together all the connections made by the contact.
- Once changes have been made, click Validate to save them.
Note: Via this interface, you can also resend the email containing the contact’s access codes at any time. To do this, click the Resend the email button, accessed at the bottom of the record.
Deleting a contact
There is an option to delete contacts. To do so, select the contact(s) to be deleted, click Delete on the right-hand side of the window. Then Confirm by clicking “Yes”.
The selected contacts are now permanently deleted.
Searching for a contact
The Search section makes it quick and easy to find contacts. This search is performed on the following details:
- First name
- Email address
- Enter the search criteria in the area provided.
- Click the search icon
The items matching the search criteria are now displayed
Note: To cancel the result of a research and to go back to the default display, click the icon on the right-hand side of the search criteria text box.
Address book management makes it possible to batch import a list of contacts from an existing Excel or CSV file.
This can be achieved by:
- Click the Import button to perform a batch import of contacts.
- Download the form to be completed by clicking the click here link.
- Open this form with Excel (as an .xls or .csv) and complete the necessary fields.
- Go back to the importing contacts window, then click Browse.
- Select the Excel or CSV file previously updated.
- Click the Import button.
All contacts have now been imported and can be accessed from the address book.